Go Down

Topic: New library for PWM playback from SD cards: SimpleSDAudio (Read 45 times) previous topic - next topic

WilliamK Govinda

Ohhh, very nice! I need to download a library update, right? Thanks again for such hard work!  8)

Tuttut

No, I have not changed the library yet. Maybe I will do it later after documenting it better - you only need the new batch file. We should try level-shifters or buffers (anything that is very cheap and easy available) to improve the sound (should be placed between Arduino outputs 9/10 and resistor stuff. 

WilliamK Govinda

I haven't messed out with the library source yet, but do you think it would be possible to get a more instant playback and re-play by setting an initial file, and just have it play, and re-play when requested? This way I could use this to playback long drum sounds. (crashes and cymbals) I need this for a small project I'm doing. ;-) Maybe an option to open the file and have it used until said to open a new one? Also, an option to re-start the file, even if its not done yet, for when you play a drum sound, you are in the middle, but needs to re-trigger the sound.

WilliamK Govinda

I wonder one thing, would it be possible to handle 16-bit stereo files? Using 4 x pwm outputs for 2 x 16-bit hybrid dacs? What's the limitation them? I see that a 5Mb SD Card can handle it without problems, is the bottle-neck the SPI or the ATmega itself? Maybe running at 20Mhz would help? Just wondering, as it would be KILLER to be able to play 16-bit stereo files.

WilliamK Govinda

In any event, it should be possible to handle mono 16-bit 31khz .WAV files now, right? I know how to handle WAV files, so I will see if I can be of any help on this...

Go Up