Go Down

Topic: building arduino using atmega8 (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

DuaneB

Hi,
   I have been using optiloader running on an UNO to burn the bootloader onto 8's, it detects the 8 and burns a suitable version of optiboot. You do need to add a new board to boards.txt but its pretty simple to do.

Duane B

offtherails2010

Hi,
   I have been using optiloader running on an UNO to burn the bootloader onto 8's, it detects the 8 and burns a suitable version of optiboot. You do need to add a new board to boards.txt but its pretty simple to do.

Duane B

Hello and good day to you Duane,

So sorry to bother you about this but i am so very very interested to find out how to make optiboot burn the bootloader onto an Atmega8 chip but would optiboot also be able to burn the bootloader to an Atmega16 too the same way ?

I have burned the bootloader to many Atmega328P-PU chips but havent a clue where to start on changing this info to allow optiboot to burn Atmega8's - please please help if you can, i would be so very grateful for your assistance, also...

Please could you tell me the differences between an Atmega328 and an Atmega8/Atmega16 or a webpage link that shows the differences please please ?

I really have a thirst for learning about these microcontrollers and now and again always find a Grnius like you in the forums !

Please help !
Si Vis Pacem, Para bellum
   Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus's

offtherails2010

Hi,

Duane B

Okay so i found a great comparison page for the Atmega8 all the way to the Atmega328 here:

http://avrprogrammers.com/doc-atmega8-atmega328.php

But i would really appreciate your help on optiloader being able to burn bootloaders as it automatically does like with the Atmega328P-PU chips i have, but i would like it to be able to burn the bootloaders onto Atmega8 and Atmega16's, please help me do this ! please please please !!!

many thanks in advance too !

kindest regards,

Anil
Si Vis Pacem, Para bellum
   Publius Flavius Vegetius Renatus's

westfw

Optiloader will burn bootloaders "automagically" into ATmega8, ATmega168, ATmega328, and ATmega328p chips.
The "ATmega16" is an entirely different chip, not supported by the arduino environment.  There is currently no version of optiboot for ATmega16 for optiloader to burn.

Go Up