Go Down

Topic: Current transducer AS-10x series doubts (Read 492 times) previous topic - next topic

fabpolli

Hi all,
  I need to detect the current used by a washing machine powered with a 230 V, and after trying a type of sensor with no results I would use one of these current transducers:
http://docs-europe.electrocomponents.com/webdocs/008f/0900766b8008f208.pdf
In detail, an AS-100 or AS-104 but looking datasheet or on the net I only found this site:
http://dcc-mueller.de/wire4dcc/sensor_e.htm
But I do not know if the circuit in Figure 4 can be used directly or whether it should be placed downstream of the circuit in Figure 1 or 2.
Attempting to calculate the shunt resistor for the sensor AS-104 according to the datasheet:
VMS = Rt x Is x (1/2F)
Rt (Ohms) = Recommended terminating reisstance
Is (A) = Secondary Current
F (Hz) = Frequency
in the table shows a value of 1500 for the VMS component AS-104, and a value of Is 30mA then the calculations that I made I put a 200 ohm resistor but I'm not sure I understood correctly the Datasheet:
1500 = Rt x 0.3 x (1/2 * 50)
Rt = 1500 / 0.3 x 25 = 1500 / 7.5 = 200

I thank in advance those who will help me
Hello

MarkT

The VmS spec is the voltage-time impulse it can take without saturating I think - nothing to do with normal use on a sinusoidal mains waveform AFAICT.

The secondary current is N times smaller than the primary current (where N is the turns ratio), and the output voltage is this secondary current times the burden resistance.   So the output voltage = IR/N

Do not operate without a burden resistor across the secondary.
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

fabpolli

Hello, First, thanks for clearing up the component parameters. I now believe I understand, the resistance to be used is already indicated in the datasheet, for example for the model 104 if I use a resistance of 500 ohms produces 1.0V for each amperes used over the line monitored. Increasing or decreasing this resistance,  output will change linearly. So I think the diagram in Figure 4 can be used directly to apply the sensor to an input pin of Arduino, right?
Thank you so much

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy