Go Down

Topic: Coolest thing you've done with Arduino (Read 3433 times) previous topic - next topic

D3C3PT1C0N

Aug 12, 2010, 10:41 pm Last Edit: Aug 12, 2010, 10:49 pm by Fredx Reason: 1
[size=14]So what is the best thing (in your opinion) that you have done with Arduino board?[/size]

I begin with my recent project - talking temperature meter/monitor. Components i'm using are Arduino Duemilanove, temperature sensor LM35CZ and a small speaker. No shields or extra chips. Although sound quality isn't the best, for me its fine.
Here is the topic: http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1277389233/0

Funky Diver

Turning it on for the first time and actually getting it doing something.  It was like kissing my first girlfriend :D

retrolefty

It was like kissing my first girlfriend  

In that case you weren't doing it right.  ;)

Lefty

TchnclFl

In that case you weren't doing it right.

I tried C, C++, and even Assembly, but she still won't kiss me, dammit! ;D

pracas

The First Time i got the LCD working....
Be The Change...

liudr

I once got 5 PCBs with LCD on them, plus other stuff, from a surplus store. I then tried to use my iron to take out the LCD. Made a big mess with the wrong (too big) soldering iron tip. Then I learned about desoldering irons and bought one from Radioshack. After a bit practice, I got all the LCDs, all 5 of them!, all HD44780, and all in mint condition (plastic film still on) with 40*2 characters. Tested them with arduino. Felt like a rich man for a split second with my stash of LCDs.

;D ;D ;D

bld

Making my Arduino work with the wishield, and working as both client and server at the same time. :)
captain-slow.dk | non contagious!

D3C3PT1C0N

Grumpy_Mike, that was really awsome. Nice that you made a video  ;)

sxdemon

Aug 15, 2010, 05:42 am Last Edit: Aug 15, 2010, 05:43 am by kraig Reason: 1
Having the idea of eventually buying the board is, for the moment, the only thing I did with the Arduino. (or the trademark) Im pathetic, I know, but I have more important thing to do....   ;(

starduster73

Building a digital clock using a 4-digit LED display with a breadboarded Arduino. Figuring out display multiplexing and (clock) interrupt handling was fun. Keeps pretty good time too. :) That's the best I got right now.

wayneft

Does a work in progress count?

GSM based tracking device.

I2C GPS Shield

Checkout my Open Source GPS Tracker on Kickstarter

P_Wood

GSM based tracking device.

I like your style!

Not as impressive, but fun nonetheless. Keypad-Interface to my alarm clock.

Eight

I've interfaced with Amiga/Megadrive/NES/SNES joysticks/gamepads.

That's it so far really. Bit low on ideas to be honest.

P_Wood

I've interfaced with Amiga/Megadrive/NES/SNES joysticks/gamepads.

My buddy at school interfaced an arduino to an NES. He used it to "play" the game from a predetermined "video" produced from an emulator. This required an SD card as well. However many fps(i think 25+) and 8bits for each frame(8 buttons) for the entire game! Pretty cool to watch it work. He ended up calling it his project for one of his classes...  

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy