Go Down

Topic: Answering my own question - SD card with ATmega1284 (Read 620 times) previous topic - next topic

NJ Tom

I've been trying to use an SD card with the ATmega1284, but had little success.  I was going to post a question, but after browsing a lot of forum posts and poking through the files, I found a really easy solution:

This is with Arduino 1.0.1 on Windows 7 64-bit, but a similar solution should be applicable to other platforms.

Go into this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\SD\utility\Sd2PinMap.h
Change this line: #elif defined(__AVR_ATmega644P__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega644__)
to: #elif defined(__AVR_ATmega644P__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega644__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega1284P__)

Is there any way to suggest this change to the Arduino team so it appears in future versions?  I would like to see better support for the ATmega1284, because although my final designs are usually all surface-mount, nothing beats DIP for inital prototyping.

Coding Badly

Is there any way to suggest this change to the Arduino team so it appears in future versions?

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/list

Go Up