Go Down

Topic: Answering my own question - SD card with ATmega1284 (Read 644 times) previous topic - next topic

NJ Tom

I've been trying to use an SD card with the ATmega1284, but had little success.  I was going to post a question, but after browsing a lot of forum posts and poking through the files, I found a really easy solution:

This is with Arduino 1.0.1 on Windows 7 64-bit, but a similar solution should be applicable to other platforms.

Go into this file: C:\Program Files (x86)\arduino-1.0.1\libraries\SD\utility\Sd2PinMap.h
Change this line: #elif defined(__AVR_ATmega644P__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega644__)
to: #elif defined(__AVR_ATmega644P__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega644__) || defined(__AVR_ATmega1284P__)

Is there any way to suggest this change to the Arduino team so it appears in future versions?  I would like to see better support for the ATmega1284, because although my final designs are usually all surface-mount, nothing beats DIP for inital prototyping.

Coding Badly

Is there any way to suggest this change to the Arduino team so it appears in future versions?

http://code.google.com/p/arduino/issues/list

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy