Go Down

Topic: Sound project: Suitcase BoomBox (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

Project: Suitcase Boombox
something similar to:

Hello everyone,
I have this project I'd like to start working on but I will definitly need some guidance.
Im starting this topic so I can, at least, get my circuit done correctly. Since my experience is rather small with electronics I'm open to suggestions ;)

This is what I have in mind so far.

Inside the suitecase I'll have
    -  a power supply module, transformer (220v to 12v)).  Possibly 220v to 15v for battery charge purposes
    -  battery charger for the 2x 12v SLA Batteries (12v 7.2Ah) - I was thinking on a simple voltage comparator and a relay to disconnect the batteries from the 12v supply whenever it reacher 13.8V
    -  batteries would be connected in parallel so it would be 12v 14.4Ah +/-   
    -  4 LM386 amplifiers (one for each speaker driver) - use LM386 Bass Boost for the Bass Speakers
    -  2 Low pass filters (for the Bass Speakers) and 2 High pass filters for the tweeters
    -  2 Tweeters / 2 Bass Speakers
    -  Some LED's for ON/Off status, and Battery charging (or not) status.

I have 2 Tweeters and 2 Bass Speakers salvaged from a Sony HiFi. Not sure the specifications but im guessing they are 8 Ohm impedance.

Next step:

start the schematics on fritzing.

Difficult to see what role the Arduino plays in this.
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Well that's true, it doesn't have an arduino embeded. But I was hoping for some project guidance never the less.
I mean, I couldn't easily add an Xbee and transmit some wireless music ;)

:smiley-roll-sweat: :smiley-roll-sweat:

Ok, this is what i've got so far.

This should make a Tweeter and Bass Speaker work for one channel (left / right) the other channel should be a mirror of this.
Bass boost and low pass filter on the bass speaker and for the tweeter a high pass filter.

still need to work on hte voltage comparator to disconnect the battery from the transformer.
The transformer should be inside the suitcase and so, i only need a simple cable to connect it to the wall and charge the batteries.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131