Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Not hit by a falling tree  (Read 946 times)
Manchester (England England)
Brattain Member
Solder is electric glue
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Today I was not hit by a falling tree.

I know that this is an everyday occurrence but today I was only 10 yards away. It fell across the path where my wife and I would have been on if it could have hung on for another 20 seconds.

So if it was you just to say you missed.   smiley-razz

Boston Suburbs
God Member
I am above your silly so-called "Laws", Mister Ohm.
View Profile

If a tree falls (on Grumpy Mike and his significant other) in the forest and there's no electret microphone and A/D converter to sample it, should he make a sound?

When the testing is complete there will be... cake.

Grand Blanc, MI, USA
Faraday Member
CODE is a mass noun and should not be used in the plural or with an indefinite article.
View Profile

Glad that everyone is OK. Was Winston Churchill right when he said, "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result"?

We've had our share of falling trees here, nothing that close, though. Quite a storm blew through yesterday morning. I did get to use the chainsaw to help a couple neighbors clean up smiley-grin  Now it's just darned hot; luckily the storm and the trees have not affected the power.

MCP79411/12 RTC ... "One Million Ohms" ATtiny kit ... available at http://www.tindie.com/stores/JChristensen/

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

If a tree falls (on Grumpy Mike and his significant other) in the forest and there's no electret microphone and A/D converter to sample it, should he make a sound?
Post your code, otherwise we can't figure it out.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Phoenix, Arizona USA
Faraday Member
Where's the beer?
View Profile

Twice in our life together, my wife and I have been "not hit" on two separate occasions by cars without any drivers in them...

I will not respond to Arduino help PM's from random forum users; if you have such a question, start a new topic thread.

South Texas
Edison Member
View Profile

Sorry, Grumpy Mike, but my first reaction was a smart alec comment like Rats! Must be from growing up in the 60's and 70's...

Really though - glad it missed, they hurt...

Santa Fe
View Profile

Twice in our life together, my wife and I have been "not hit" on two separate occasions by cars without any drivers in them...

A possible local instance of a "Mini-Rapture" Maybe?

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Well you of course know all about if statements, they either evaluate true or false, close calls don't compute.  smiley-grin

Glad your safe.

Lefty

Rural Arizona
Edison Member
Incorrigible tinkerer
View Profile

Glad that everyone is OK. Was Winston Churchill right when he said, "There is nothing more exhilarating than to be shot at without result"?
Well, Churchill was speaking for himself, of course, and I wouldn't presume to dispute his description of how he felt.

However, my personal experience (an armed robbery where, happily, the gun wasn't fired; a ricochet of a shot that I had fired, myself*; and missing death by only a few inches as I sailed over the top of a car that hit me while I was on my bike) is that "exhiliration" didn't even make the top ten list of resultant emotions.

* Going to a professionally-run range, instead of the nearest empty chunk of desert, may be more inconvenient and expensive, but they do make sure there are no big rocks sticking out of the backstops  smiley-red

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: