Go Down

Topic: magnetic sensing ...? (Read 761 times) previous topic - next topic

Carsten53T

ei folks
I've got a hall-effect sensor that flips nicely and cleanly each time the magnetic field reverses. I would like to add a small strong magnet to my motor-axel, to use it for measuring rotations at a higher resolution than 2/round .. but my two electro-pushers do not have a hall-effect sensor with a more continuous output. I assume that they are available elsewhere? I've tried photo-interrupters, but they seem unreliable (or could it be me? .. naa). Anyway .. are there any reliable solutions for measuring at a resolution of 24 measurements/round on 2 rounds/sec max-speed axels?

MarkT

[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

PiJoy

<snip>
I would like to add a small strong magnet to my motor-axel, to use it for measuring rotations at a higher resolution than 2/round .. but my two electro-pushers do not have a hall-effect sensor with a more continuous output. <snip>

Do you want a linear sensor or a non-contact encoder?  Both are available.

Linear hall effect sensors are widely available.  I entered linear hall sensor into the search box at digikey.com and got hundreds of matches.  FYI, this URL should reproduce the same search results:

http://www.digikey.com/product-search/en/sensors-transducers/magnetic-hall-effect-digital-switch-linear-compass-ics/1967232?stock=1

Hope this helps

Carsten53T

Hi guys
thank you for your suggestions.
Maybe I should try with my primery school learning, a curled up wire and try to catch it from there. A rotary encoder is over the top.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy