Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Human "powered" wireless indoor/outdoor bubble machine  (Read 781 times)
Gothenburg, Sweden
Excellent!
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I got an idea the other day when I saw an automatic bubble blowing machine.

I think it would be nice to make this remote controlled and add the fun blowing back in the game.

Concept:
Blow into fan/pipe > Arduino 1 reads sensor and sends data to Arduino 2 via wireless (RF, Wifi, bluetooth etc).
Arduino 2 starts spinning wheel with bubble-holes and a fan that focues its output through the holes. ==> Bubbles come out at a remote location.

The bubble machine shouldn't be much of an issue but how do I take a reading from someone blowing into a hole or a fan?
My first thought was to use a motor and use it's voltage output as a sensor reading but I'm a bit worried that I might break the Arduino with high currents or voltages?

My second thought is using a rotary encoder, but then I guess I would have to find one that moves freely enough to be able to move with wind force alone.

Any help on how to make a wind/blow sensor would be greatly appreciated.

Maine
Caution: Explosives in use.
View Profile

The device you are looking for is called an "Anemometer"
http://www.amazon.com/b?ie=UTF8&node=13825011

http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1256495978/all

You could also use a pressure sensor, but that would require the user to seal their lips around the sensor, which could pose hygiene problems.

"Anyone who isn't confused really doesn't understand the situation."

Electronic props for Airsoft, paintball, and laser tag -> www.nightscapetech.com

Gothenburg, Sweden
Excellent!
View Profile

Thank you. The second link had quite a few good resources regarding home built Anemometers.
I think I even might have some or most of the parts needed.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: