Go Down

Topic: Is Arduino Due coming? (Read 29 times) previous topic - next topic

funkyguy4000

Many people are hoping that they will release something at Maker Faire in this coming week or so.
Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Louis Davis

The DUE will be released Oct. 22. This was announced at Maker Faire New York.

funkyguy4000

Louis Davis

No, I was in the auditorium during the talk.

funkyguy4000

bperrybap

No, I was in the auditorium during the talk.

So how complete is it?
Was there an actual demo of using the IDE and uploading a sketch to it? (or it just talk)
Did they comment on what is working vs what is not there yet?

--- bill

Louis Davis

They did not do a demo during the talk in the auditorium that I attended.

They were doing live demos in the Arduino/Atmel tent. It was very crowded, so I did not get any hands on.

From what I could tell during the demos at the tent, it looks like it is ready to go.

hybridnz

Bugger, I was just in New York and would have liked to have attended this.

Good news about the release date, my project is stalled because im quite frankly just out of grunt on the mega.

funkyguy4000

Well this thing will be able to run wayyy faster.  Thats why I'm getting it, to run actual displays.

hybridnz

You and me both .... Im only able to draw and refresh my screens using graphical mode at 2-3fps which is just too slow.

funkyguy4000

never wanted to try even here

hybridnz

Happy days

World Maker Faire 2012: The Arduino Hour with Massimo Banzi & Alf-Egil Bogen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4TZQt9lTAOU

Release date/ price: Oct 22nd 49USD + tax :)

Graynomad

Very interesting, not a lot of details but some good stuff. For example it seems we aren't getting a full-featured IDE which is a bummer partly because that means no official debugger support.

I had to skip the Atmel stuff in the middle, not enough bandwidth, but Massimo's bit about open source was interesting and I sympathise with their predicament whereby they do months of work and someone clones it in a few days. I will never buy a $10 Chinese clone for that reason. I currently have one official board and one Australian board. I will buy a clone from someone who has given back to the community and will of course continue to buy official Arduinos, in fact unless there's a compelling technical reason to buy a clone I will only buy official boards in future I think.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

pico

I will only buy official boards in future I think.

So you are saying that if you buy at least two more "official" boards, you will have paid your Dues?

(Boom tish.)
WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Graynomad

Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up