Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Down
Author Topic: Is Arduino Due coming?  (Read 26281 times)
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

The clones will flood in soon.

Maybe, maybe not. Could be only a few weeks, but could be many months as well. The limiting factor will be the availability of the Atmel part. Typically, a new part gets "rationed" out to the high-volume, strategic customers (like Arduino) until the production and inventory catches up to the general demand. I'm not sure what the word is at the moment of the availability of this particular part, but I wouldn't be surprised if they have long lead times for anyone but a select few customers at this point.

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

North Queensland, Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

Yeah, true. But are Arduino and its distributors going to face the same problem, I notice the store only has 11 left.
For something like this it'd be nice to have the authentic stuff, however a few spare clones would be handy for creating network applications, or something that could possibly damage the board.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

The IDE tools configuration looks amazingly similar to mpide
People have said in the past that the official support was going to be based on the MPIDE stuff...
(grr.  I can't find exactly WHERE that was said, though.)  It would be pretty foolish to do differently, IMO.

Wisconsin
Edison Member
I LOVE THIS STUFF!!!!
View Profile

MPIDE

What is that?

Accelerate to 88 miles per hour.

Dallas, TX USA
Faraday Member
View Profile

MPIDE

What is that?
It is the IDE that the chipkit guys developed for their 32 bit pic32 "duino" boards that also supports
the AVR based "duino" boards.
It was based on the 0022/0023 Arduino IDE code
and was intended to be a base for supporting "multiple processors" (rather than just the AVR)
by allowing easy integration of other processors.
Hence the name "mpide"

http://www.chipkit.org/forum/index.php
http://www.digilentinc.com/Products/Catalog.cfm?NavPath=2,892&Cat=18

I was surprised to see the convergence in that if I remember correctly there were some disputes over how to
handle adding in support for non AVR based processors and the "openness" of the Arduino code and development
process in general which eventually led to the fracture.

--- bill

God Member
View Profile

Yeah, true. But are Arduino and its distributors going to face the same problem, I notice the store only has 11 left.

Well, if Arduino themselves are having any problems at all getting supply at this stage, I'd say the clone makers will be completely out of the picture for the time being.

WiFi shields/Yun too expensive? Embeddedcoolness.com is now selling the RFXduino nRF24L01+ <-> TCP/IP Linux gateway: Simpler, more affordable, and even more powerful wireless Internet connectivity for *all* your Arduino projects! (nRF24L01+ shield and dev board kits available too.)

Germany
View Profile

Well, if Arduino themselves are having any problems at all getting supply at this stage, I'd say the clone makers will be completely out of the picture for the time being.

Well, "SOLD OUT" how many DUE did Arduino sell in maybe 30 hours? What a meltdown...

Austin, TX
God Member
carpe diem
View Profile

Adafruit has the Due in stock:
http://www.adafruit.com/products/1076

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Just ordered mine, looks like they only have 5 left now.

Kansas City, MO
View Profile

Mouser shows that they now have 1020 Due boards on order. Must have decided to get a jump on things after thier original order of 25 went quickly @ roughly $40 ea.

Looks like they have 295 of the chips by themselves on order. I saw Arrow Electronics has 70 chips in stock @ $9.28 ea. This is assuming I'm correct that the part number is ATSAM3X8EA-AU

Kansas City, MO
View Profile

Most places are showing about a 10-12 week lead time on chip only orders. I'm sure Atmel will see a rise in demand very shortly.

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

I went to Atmel's "Technology on Tour" training today, which was essentially an introduction to Atmel Studio and the Atmel Software Framework (pay $99, get a JTAG ICE3 and a xmega a3bu Xplained board.  good deal.)  (also, the training was pretty good.)

AS/ASF has a "quick start" mode where you can set up a project based on a bunch of pre-defined "boards" (like the xplained boards.

One of the pre-defined boards is the Arduino Due...

USA
God Member
View Profile

One of the pre-defined boards is the Arduino Due...

Well it's nice to know the support of the two organizations is a two-way street.

Kansas City, MO
View Profile

I'm a little disappointed in Mouser Electronics. They jumped the price of their Due boards from $36 to $48. Not that $48 is too high I was just really looking forward to the same great deal I got on my first board........or maybe I just was able to take advantage of a mistake before they caught it. smiley-wink

View Profile

It was a mistake, sorry.  Great news though, the first 100 Dues shipped out from our warehouse today so if you were one of the lucky designers who got it on order that first 1-3 days, it should be on its way!  Another 100 - 150 should ship in the first week of December (or sooner if we can help it).  Enjoy and let us know how you like them!

- Tim

Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8]   Go Up
Jump to: