Go Down

Topic: double throw knife toggle to ATS arduino (Read 100 times) previous topic - next topic

mikeo1313

I have 2 distinct sources of 240v residential electricity on a 60A two pole (120v + 120v, ground is wired directly and not on toggle) double throw knife toggle that looks like this:

Instead of having to go to basement every time light goes out I saw this ATS on ebay and would like to

1. Be sure this ATS switch would be a proper replacement for my toggle. (Don't worry, I will call electrician to install it upon arrival.)  

2. Assuming ATS above will work for my use case, get a very general/hypothetic concept of how "intelligent switching" command/control can be executed/implemented as per product diagram below via an arduino uno or nano with specific regard to suggested ports/wiring and commands.  

dave-in-nj

best to get a copy of the manufactures instructions and have your licensed electrician review.
They will advise if it meets local codes an such.

It would be horrible if we 'approved' and later your insurance said it was not per code and refused to cover losses.

mikeo1313

best to get a copy of the manufactures instructions and have your licensed electrician review.
They will advise if it meets local codes an such.

It would be horrible if we 'approved' and later your insurance said it was not per code and refused to cover losses.
thanks for reply, can you tell me what does the X inside the circle mean in green terminals above / attached picture.

mikeo1313

Attached is the manual from manufacturer.

mikeo1313

attachment of mfg manual wasn't accepted,,  if you can just tell me what that circle with x symbol means? 

I'm assuming it allows switching via an external controller.    Here are pasted contents of manual.

1. Application
Automatic transfer device is suitable for single phase 1 wire dual power grid with AC 50/60Hz, rated voltage 400V/230V and rated current up to 63A. The automatic transfer switch conforms to IEC60947-6-1 and GB/T14048.11
Dual power Automatic transfer switch can switch to Normal power or reserve power automatically. Please note that the switch can't turn on or turn off the generator. This switches Normal power first. If normal power on, the switch will switch to Normal power. If normal power off, and reserve power on, the switch will switch to reserve power.
Noted: power will be interrupted when Switching.
Press the button to Automatic, the switch will switch to Normal power or reserve power automatically.
Press the button to Manual, Then you have to switch the Direction manually
2. Normal working conditions
Environmental Temperature Condition:-5~+40°C
Installation site is not more than 2000 meters above sea level.
Pollution Level: Grade 3
Installation Category:  3
Vertical installation or horizontal installation
3. Main parameter
Rated Current Ie A   6,10,16,20,25,32,40   50, 63
Electrical Appliances Class   CB
Use Category   AC~33B
Tripping Current   5~10In (Type C), 10~15In (Type D),
Rated voltage Ue   220V (2P)
Rated frequency   50/60Hz
Rated short circuit connecting ability Icm (Peak)   9.18KA   6.615KA
Rated short circuit breaking ability Icn (effective value)   6KA   4.5KA

4. Wiring diagram

(here is just a picture as my first post)

mikeo1313

As per wiki that symbol is an incandescent light bulb.  So its just an indicator.

Go Up