Go Down

Topic: Talking clock for blind people (Read 216 times) previous topic - next topic

paulo21

I'm sorry but it's very expensive.

Do you think this one is ok??

CrossRoads

Don't know, am not familiar with it.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

davidrh

Do you think this one is ok??
I have used a board exactly like that one.  They are very easy to use, but the drawback is that the LCD screen uses a large number of the Arduino pins.  If you check out the datasheet you will see that seven of the digital pins are taken by the shield.  It does use a single analog pin for the buttons via. a voltage divider.

Adafruit make an I2C kit for a 16x02 LCD display which only needs 2 pins, but it is a bit more expensive and you will need to solder it yourself.  You can also get it as a separate backpack which is a bit cheaper.

You could also move up to a Mega which has lots more pins.

As I said in a previous post:

Before considering shields, look at all the components that you will need and plan how you are going to fit them together.  If you want an LCD screen, you might consider an LCD shield that also has buttons on it as that saves a lot of wiring  and makes your user interface look neat (but does use a lot of pins on the Arduino unless you use an I2C version).

Perhaps post back with what you think the solution looks like and what components you are considering.

paulo21

Thank you so much for all your anwsers !!!

I will buy those components :
-DS3231
-LCD screen with buttons
-Arduino mega 2560 r3
-sound detector
-SD slot

I hope it will work and i will program it as i would like  :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy