I have been quite busy with some other projects lately (and got a bit bored
), so nothing has been done on this project in the last 6 months.
However, before I took a break I was doing great progress.
I've got the PCB for the wireless scales manufactured. I've got the the power consumption low enough for the scale to work several seasons before battery change is necessary. I have made the base station with the GPRS-module, a wether station, and a solar panel.
I've also got the whole setup working on my workbench, and uploaded data to Cosm.com.
What remains is to make the actual scale that fits under the beehive.
I also have some problems with the wireless trancievers (probably due to a designflaw on the PCB
Then I have to make everything watertight.
On the computer side, I would like to download the data into a spread-sheet, and use some algorithms to calculate which beehive needs attention.
I plan to start up again this winter when I will have some more spare time.
I could probobly post some pictures and explanation of the current setup if there is any interest.