Go Down

Topic: RF Transmitter and Receiver WRL-10535 and WRL-10533 (Read 8 times) previous topic - next topic

perhof

Worse case scenario about 15 meters, but mostly within 10 meters.

I'd say you should reach 15 meters no matter what kind of wire and which of the antenna lengths you select as long as it's a length that matches the frequency.
Selecting any other length might not help.

I'm still playing with stuff just testing and prototyping right now.  Got some transceivers to try out next if I can figure out how to wire them.  They just use a bit more power which I'm not crazy about since I'm trying to keep these things low enough to run off batteries for a good amount of time.

What's the application if i may ask?

steven6282

What's the application if i may ask?

Wireless sensors for an alarm system.

steven6282

I just found these on sparkfun:

http://www.sparkfun.com/products/690

How the heck do you solder something like that?  It's really cheap and a 2.4ghz transceiver should have a lot less interference problems, and the power usage is between the rf transmitters and the transceivers I  currently have (http://www.sparkfun.com/products/9582)

Does it require anything else to work?  The description mentions something about works great with a 16mhz crystal, does it require that though?

Docedison

Do you know for sure that the device is getting 5V? Those little devices usually just work. They worked well for me when I actually made the things before I retired. Clean 5V and Ground, the antenna wires should be about 7" or about 18CM and either vertical or horizontal doesn't matter as long as both are the same way. You might get lucky there as it is possible to decrease the interfering signal by changing antenna polarization, theoretically by a factor of 10, Practically about 1/3.

Doc
--> WA7EMS <--
"The solution of every problem is another problem." -Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
I do answer technical questions PM'd to me with whatever is in my clipboard

CrossRoads

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Go Up