Go Down

Topic: Where do you buy your stuff? (Read 4 times) previous topic - next topic

TonyD

Umm, Mowcius disagrees.

I consider Rapid Electronics to be expensive. Maybe not compared to sparkfun but they are rather expensive compared to farnell or ebay.

Umm, looks like we'll have to disagree about this one.  ;)

mowcius

Umm, looks like we'll have to disagree about this one.

Well I have not looked up prices for some time so I went to look some up and couldn't find anything I searched for. I remember that was another reason why I didn't use them, unless you had the catalogue, it was difficult to find anything.

Searches such as LM7805 come up with nothing whereas on farnell you get a page full.

I have ordered things from Rapid before but most of the time it is also easier to buy from farnell when I know they have everything I want and I will be able to find it on the website.

Rapid also don't seem to have a sort feature so I can never find anything in the many pages it gives me for a basic term such as 5mm LED.

Maybe we can agree that without the catalogue or knowing exactly what the part numbers are, Rapid is a bit useless and they can be lacking in parts. The price of some things is up for debate  :P

Mowcius

thegeekway

Doesnt Farnell require a £20 min order?

mowcius

Aug 04, 2010, 03:38 pm Last Edit: Aug 04, 2010, 03:38 pm by mowcius Reason: 1
*£20 minimum order value applies to all credit card orders

Maybe, I normally purchase over £20 of stuff but you can just go to the trade counter and pay by cash.

Mowcius

thegeekway

Ah, its at least an hour from me.  I keep most things in shop but occasionally theres a part I need quickly :P

Go Up