Go Down

Topic: Dont think the Arduino will cut it... Help! (Read 507 times) previous topic - next topic

tanky321

Im trying to do some DSP on a relatively fast signal (25kHz), im actually demodulating 25kHz FSK. Ideally I want to do all of the demodulation digitally, I'd like to only use analog components for scaling of the input signal.

Ideally I would like to real time FFT on the signal, when something is detected in the FFT data, I want to acquire the next x seconds (probably less than .25) of data and process it. My initial ideas are to split the x-seconds array  into 100 element chunks, and preform FFT on them. The results of the FFT would give me the transmitted info.

An important note is that my signal will have huge variations in amplitude, which is why im leaning towards DSP. Its for an ultrasonic application.

I believe that this is to much for the arduino to handle, if so can anyone recommend a controller/processor for this application that is relatively easy to program? I am familiar with the arduino IDE, as well as C in general. I am not familiar with assembly, just typing it gives me the shivers!

I know that DSP and easy dont generally mix, but I hope there is something out there!

Thanks!

The Clever Monkey

Im trying to do some DSP on a relatively fast signal (25kHz), im actually demodulating 25kHz FSK. Ideally I want to do all of the demodulation digitally, I'd like to only use analog components for scaling of the input signal.

Ideally I would like to real time FFT on the signal, when something is detected in the FFT data, I want to acquire the next x seconds (probably less than .25) of data and process it. My initial ideas are to split the x-seconds array  into 100 element chunks, and preform FFT on them. The results of the FFT would give me the transmitted info.

An important note is that my signal will have huge variations in amplitude, which is why im leaning towards DSP. Its for an ultrasonic application.

I believe that this is to much for the arduino to handle, if so can anyone recommend a controller/processor for this application that is relatively easy to program? I am familiar with the arduino IDE, as well as C in general. I am not familiar with assembly, just typing it gives me the shivers!

I know that DSP and easy dont generally mix, but I hope there is something out there!

Thanks!

TI makes a line of DSP friendly low-power solutions; OMAP. They are pretty good about cheap or free samples. I suppose many people are doing FPGA design for DSP, as well.
I yield() for co-routines.

Leon Heller

Leon Heller
G1HSM

Go Up