Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Arduino+GPS to Android App (Network robot)  (Read 937 times)
Lebanon
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I am planing to build a robot, that i can control using an Android app and draw the map of motion of the robot on the Android "using google map library"
the robot includes : 2 servo motors, a GPS, Ultrasonic Range Finder, temperature sensor and a voltage monitor.
for the voltage monitor, i am gonna use a voltage divider
temperature sensor : LM35
Ultrasonic Range Finder : Parallax PING)))
As for Arduino:
I am gonna use arduino UNO + Ethernet Shield, connected to an on board WIFI router

The objective is to send the sensor data to Android, and in particular the longitude and latitude are gonna be used as entries for google map library..

I am confused, should i replace the Arduino uno by an Arduino mega?
do you think i am gonna face problems sending the GPS data on Ethernet
and what is the best GPS to use? i am interested in Parallax PMB-688 GPS receiver module...

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated !

Seattle, WA USA
Brattain Member
Seattle, WA USA
View Profile

I am confused, should i replace the Arduino uno by an Arduino mega?
Probably even the SDK version.

do you think i am gonna face problems sending the GPS data on Ethernet
Depends on the Ethernet card and your skill levels. I wouldn't, but I can't vouch for your abilities. (Fortunately, it is relatively easy.)

and what is the best GPS to use?
Depends on your needs (speed and resolution) and the depths of your pockets. Only you can decide what is best for you.

Lebanon
View Profile

as for the Ethernet, i am good in using Arduino as web server, i am gonna use TinyGPS to extract the latitude and longitude..
as for the gps, i am gonna use the Parallax PMB-688...i only need latitude and longitude for my project...and my robot isn't gonna be that fast...
I am gonna use the Android app just for control and monitoring(I am not gonna connect my Arduino to the Android phone), so i don't need an Arduino ADK, right?

Does the Arduino Ethernet Shield work in the same way with Arduino Mega as like UNO? or are there some difference in the pins connections or code modifications?

Regards

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: