Go Down

Topic: Problems with IDE (Read 664 times) previous topic - next topic

sskeleton

Hello!

I can't get arduino IDE to work. Each time I try to start it I get "launch4j" error. IDE does not open, and haven't been working since i've downloaded it. I tried reinstalling java and using patched pde.jar and rxtxserial.dll. Deleting preferences doesn't work either, as I haven't even started IDE yet :( According to troubleshooting guide I should open run.bat, but I can't find it anywhere (downloaded IDE twice, still nothing). Any help is much appreciated.

The Clever Monkey

Hello!

I can't get arduino IDE to work. Each time I try to start it I get "launch4j" error. IDE does not open, and haven't been working since i've downloaded it. I tried reinstalling java and using patched pde.jar and rxtxserial.dll. Deleting preferences doesn't work either, as I haven't even started IDE yet :( According to troubleshooting guide I should open run.bat, but I can't find it anywhere (downloaded IDE twice, still nothing). Any help is much appreciated.

What platform?

Assuming some sort of Windows, try launching it from the command line:

arduino --l4j-debug

This will create a launch4j.log file in the same directory. See what that says.
I yield() for co-routines.

sskeleton

Problem solved!

All I had to do was to change

editor.languages.current=
to
editor.languages.current=en
in preferences.txt :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy