Hi guys. I am excited to share my experience with the new Arduino clone that I bought from Mumbai (INDIA). It should not be called a clone actually. Its quite different but still the same.
The manufacturer is entesla: www.entesla.com
They have both atmega8 and atmega328 version. I bought the Atmega328 version since its just 200 bucks more. By the way the board is ENTUINO: http://entesla.com/development-board/arduino/entuino-arduino-atmega328
Something different I noticed about the board is:
1. 4 mounting holes at the corners. It gives you better hold if mounting in a box.
2. dual breakouts. You can put an extra male berg or use it as test points if you want.
3. extra vcc and ground pins.
4. uart breakout (RX,TX,VCC,GND) too given seperately for interfacing with other serial devices directly.
5. On-board battery charging circuit. This is the best part.. I can power the board using a 4.3V lithium ion battery and also charge them using USB. This is great if i am carrying it for demonstration in my college.
BEST thing is the cost. Just under Rs.1000/- compared to the original Arduino which is almost Rs.1800/- (double)
They have also manufactured a shield called Sensio. I will buy that next when in my budget.
I bought the board after reading this post: http://www.roboticsindia.com/showthread.php/4318-Buying-Arduino-in-India-Share-your-experiences
Please post your Arduino variants. We should share it so that it is useful for beginners.