Go Down

Topic: Need Help on Heating System with lm35, lcd (16x2 LM016), arduino mega 2560,..... (Read 65 times) previous topic - next topic

the_GIFT_ed

Need Help on Heating System with lm35, lcd (16x2 LM016), arduino mega 2560, keypad (phone keypad).
i want a system that measures temp (this part DONE!!!) , use that information to control heater by allowing  user to enter tempMin and tempMax (eg. tempMin=20 and tempMax=35) and to ask for time the user wants the heating process to go on for. lets say 4 hrs.
any help would be welcome esp on the timing part with heating.

johnwasser

I recommend you have the user select a target temperature and not a range.  I guarantee that if you turn on the heater at the lower limit the temperature is likely to undershoot before it rises and if you turn off the heater at the upper limit it is likely to overshoot.  By picking a target temperature and using a PID control loop to maintain that temperature as best you can you can greatly reduce the temperature swings.

You should install the library "PID by Brett Beauregard" via the Library Manager (Sketch->Include Library->Manage Libraries...) and look at the example "PID_RelayOutput" (File->Examples->PID->PID_RelayOutput).

Send Bitcoin tips to: 1G2qoGwMRXx8az71DVP1E81jShxtbSh5Hp

Go Up