Pages: 1 [2]   Go Down
Author Topic: DS1307 RTC resetting unexpectedly  (Read 4274 times)
Oz
God Member
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I guess you have to chalk that one up to just being unlucky.

Good to hear you got it working though.

smiley

Melbourne
View Profile

Hi Guys

I have been having problems with reading the time on my ds1370 and your discussion may be pointing to a fault on my rtc module. 

When Initally setting the time, I was able to get it close to the computers clock just by resetting the Arduino 2 seconds before my preset time.

I can Set and initally Read the ds1370 ok using code similar to the Wire only code listed in this discussion. When I disable the clock setting  code so that it only reads the time, it is always 19 seconds slow. This discrepency is constant over several days. I have tried several sketches to read the time, including one from the Arduino Cookbook and the result is always; about 19 seconds slow

I found it intresting that your problem involved about the same 19 seconds that mine is slow by.  I think I will have to get another RTC module.

Jayne

View Profile

I just got a tinyRTC v1.1 and reworked the code to help anyone that is having a problem with ebay boards

I've attached the library entries and the sketch please use it and share if anyone is having issues with this board.

* DS1307.cpp (4.78 KB - downloaded 32 times.)
* DS1307anthony.ino (2.49 KB - downloaded 26 times.)
* DS1307.h (1.81 KB - downloaded 29 times.)
* keywords.txt (0.76 KB - downloaded 22 times.)

Pages: 1 [2]   Go Up
Jump to: