Go Down

Topic: DS1307 RTC resetting unexpectedly (Read 6837 times) previous topic - next topic

I guess you have to chalk that one up to just being unlucky.

Good to hear you got it working though.

Hi Guys

I have been having problems with reading the time on my ds1370 and your discussion may be pointing to a fault on my rtc module. 

When Initally setting the time, I was able to get it close to the computers clock just by resetting the Arduino 2 seconds before my preset time.

I can Set and initally Read the ds1370 ok using code similar to the Wire only code listed in this discussion. When I disable the clock setting  code so that it only reads the time, it is always 19 seconds slow. This discrepency is constant over several days. I have tried several sketches to read the time, including one from the Arduino Cookbook and the result is always; about 19 seconds slow

I found it intresting that your problem involved about the same 19 seconds that mine is slow by.  I think I will have to get another RTC module.

I just got a tinyRTC v1.1 and reworked the code to help anyone that is having a problem with ebay boards

I've attached the library entries and the sketch please use it and share if anyone is having issues with this board.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131