Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Down
Author Topic: BlueCopter - Arduino Quadcopter  (Read 48182 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi Basel,
I have been trying to build my own quadcopter for a while. I am a newbie and using your code (thanks a lot for your code). I organized your code for myself but I have some problems. (By the way I am using UNO)

Could you please have a look at my code and share your opinions with me.

My problems are unwanted receiver pulses and the IMU readings. I get radio signals very good but it pulses unwantedly. Secondly, I am using Pololu minIMU9. I can use it while motors are off but when motors run, vibration affects it very badly. I used mean average but it still doesn’t work.

(Note: I am sorry for my Turkish comment, but if you need explanation I will.)

Best regards,
zafer

* QuadCopter_Ctrl_v2.rar (5.8 KB - downloaded 12 times.)

Sweden
View Profile

Hi Basel,
I have been trying to build my own quadcopter for a while. I am a newbie and using your code (thanks a lot for your code). I organized your code for myself but I have some problems. (By the way I am using UNO)

Could you please have a look at my code and share your opinions with me.

My problems are unwanted receiver pulses and the IMU readings. I get radio signals very good but it pulses unwantedly. Secondly, I am using Pololu minIMU9. I can use it while motors are off but when motors run, vibration affects it very badly. I used mean average but it still doesn’t work.

(Note: I am sorry for my Turkish comment, but if you need explanation I will.)

Best regards,
zafer

I'll take a look at the code a little later.. It would be easier if you could provide some debug-data (show me the outputs inputs when it's running okay and when the problems occur).. The IMU giving irratic response after the motors are running sounds like bad grounding/noise from the motors affecting the IMU or as you said vibrations.. I can't really specify where it is coming from because you didn't provide me with any pictures/connection diagrams.. One reason could be that the battery (minus) is very near the IMU GND.. A capacitor may solve this or a long wire.. If it's vibration try putting a foam (like the one that comes with electronic components) under the IMU to dampen the vibrations..

//Basel

View Profile

Hi Basel, thanks for your rapid reply.

I upload the connection diagram, the IMU output graph for about 900 samples and some photos of my quad and board on it. (one of the pictures is an + config but I cahnged it to x config. I put the picture for UNO view.)
I put a kind of foam under the IMU but maybe I need to try a softer one. This one could be a bit hard.
I use a small breadboard for wiring. The breadboard power and ground lines are connected the power and ground of UNO. All the other ESC ground to the breadboard ground (indirectly UNO ground). I supply UNO by 4s lipo which also supplies the motors.
Receiver is supplied from UNO (via breadboard power and ground lines).

I am not sure the IMU graph is the last version output but it could give you an idea how it is bad. If you look closer at the beginning of the IMU graph you can see the smooth “0” value. This is because I did not run the motors. When I run the motors all values goes crazy. After some trying I put a kind of averaging but then the measurement slowed down.

I could not find a receiver output I will send the receiver sample as soon as I can. (I crahsed my quad so it maybe takes a while smiley-sad

Best regards,
zafer

* IMU_Phi_angle.jpg (113.24 KB, 792x442 - viewed 17 times.)

* Schema.jpg (312.98 KB, 1301x783 - viewed 46 times.)

* Field.jpg (244.49 KB, 979x768 - viewed 31 times.)

* Quad.jpg (96.97 KB, 1024x768 - viewed 26 times.)

View Profile

Hi, Basel!
I'm still trying to understand every small detail of Your code, so I have new questions for You:
1)gz_temp - is it temporary gyro output value? What does temp stands for? (I assume, that gz_old is previous value, correct?)
2) I see that gyro HPF is not used in Your config, correct? What was Your reason to avoid using gyro HPF?
3) Moving Average Filter - I read, that when going through MAF, frequency is lowered from 800Hz to 400Hz. Could, You tell me, please, how does is happens? Is it MAF NR 2, which is dividing gyro frequency by 2 and so getting 400Hz?
There's just so much of information outside there, so I don't really know where to start.

View Profile

Has anyone managed to modify this code to work with MPU6050?

View Profile

First of all I just want to say thank you for this! I've been looking for some readable code that I can use to learn the basics of all this stuff. I built my quad around the same time you first posted this and have yet to see it take its maiden flight. Other things have just kind of gotten in the way . I'm looking forward to giving this a go tomorrow!

View Profile

hey,
  will you please tell me what is rxval in the programme?????is it a receiver's value.if it is then what are those no.{1500,1500,1500,0,0,1000} are indicating???thank you.

Sweden
View Profile

hey,
  will you please tell me what is rxval in the programme?????is it a receiver's value.if it is then what are those no.{1500,1500,1500,0,0,1000} are indicating???thank you.
Hello =)

They're indicating how long the HIGH proportion of the signal is in milliseconds. 1000 ms equals zero and 2000ms equals 100% (for the throttle)..

//Basel

Pages: 1 ... 16 17 [18]   Go Up
Jump to: