Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Atmega328p (Arduino Uno) Transistors Technology  (Read 1099 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello all!

I've been playing a little bit with an Arduino One and I'm a little curious about this: does anyone know what is the size of the transistors in the ATmega328p? I was looking for some answers in the web, and the only reference I found was a blog ( http://rajeshkovvuri.wordpress.com/2011/11/01/atmega328p-and-atmega328-what-is-the-difference/ ) talking about the differences between 328 and 328p and guessing the process of each one. Does anyone have more information?

Thaaaanks in advance smiley

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

"does anyone know what is the size of the transistors in the ATmega328p?"
Very small.

"Does anyone have more information?"
Probably not. You could browse at atmel
http://www.atmel.com/products/microcontrollers/avr/megaAVR.aspx
and see what you can find.  I don't recall seeing anything in the '328 datasheet.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

Yeah, that's the thing... I've also read the datasheet and the info isn't there smiley-sad I guess it is some secret architecture design stuff, so I was hoping someone knew something, but I was quite convinced already that there wasn't going to be any official information. Thanks anyway! ^^

View Profile

In the ATMEL forums they've just answered me this:

"Early AVRs were on 0.35um, later they used 0.18um then since they closed the Atmel fabs and outsourced I think they're now using 0.12um"

So, I guess that Atmega328p is 0.18um...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: