A regular Arduino meet up based in Manchester, UK

Hello,

I thought I would let you all know about a new, regular meet up event that I am organising based in Manchester, UK for Arduino lovers. It's apparent that the use of Arduino's has significantly increased (especially in Manchester) over recent years, as more and more people from all professions/backgrounds are becoming aware of the platform. Events such as FutureEverything and Manchester Mini Maker Faire in addition to the awesome work by Bredan Dawes and of course the regular events/courses/hackerspaces held at MadLab, have all contributed to the interest in the Arduino platform rising over the years.

I was astonished when I could not find a single, regular meet up for Arduino lovers in the UK. Sure there were one-off events or general hackerspaces being organised but nothing monthly/regular for the community to meet up, share ideas, prototypes, get/give advice or share experiences. Thus, I decided to bite the bullet and setup a meetup.com group and spread the word to my twitter followers. Already there has been some really great feedback and quite a bit of exposure to Manchester based Arduino lovers who use Twitter. I guess the purpose of this post is to try and reach those who necessarily don't use social media or don't follow the Manchester tech accounts such as @MadLab, @McrDig, @northology etc.

If you are Manchester (or even North-West) based and love Arduino, I would certainly encourage you to join the meetup group and follow us on twitter.

In a couple of weeks, I will arrange a date, time and venue for our first meet up.

Hope to see you around! :slight_smile:

Mike
@bit_byte_bit

Arduino_Mcr:
I was astonished when I could not find a single, regular meet up for Arduino lovers in the UK. Sure there were one-off events or general hackerspaces being organised but nothing monthly/regular for the community to meet up, share ideas, prototypes, get/give advice or share experiences.

Hmm, there are plenty of regular Arduino meet ups in the UK, just because they happen in a hackspace doesn't make them any less relevant. We have them every 2-weeks in our Maker Space @ Newcastle and have regular Arduino themed workshops. What you've said "community to meet up, share ideas, prototypes, get/give advice or share experiences" is what hackerspaces do anyway.

Anyway, good luck with meetup and if you're in the Newcastle area you're welcome to drop into our Maker Space any time.