Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Standalone Arduino not interacting with computer  (Read 347 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

First of all, I'm not sure whether I'm putting this topic in the right section, or if I can even post it, but here goes, anyway.

I bought an RBFK328 and USB to UART converter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JKNWLE/) to make an Arduino. After setting it up and confirming that it works with the LED light, I try to upload the example blink program. However, each time I try, I get an error:
Code:
         Using Port                    : \\.\COM4
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: Recv: 0 [30]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30

avrdude done.  Thank you.

I have confirmed the port and wires, and I am using the drivers supplied by the manufacturer. I've tried everything recommended, and nothing seems to help. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

That chip may have an older bootloader on it.
You may have to select a different Board type (Tools:Board) to have the IDE (you have which version?) and the chip communicating at the same speed.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

I have 1.0.1, and the RBFK website says to use the Duemilanove with ATmega 328 as the board type.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: