Go Down

Topic: Standalone Arduino not interacting with computer (Read 402 times) previous topic - next topic

ARR8

Hi,

First of all, I'm not sure whether I'm putting this topic in the right section, or if I can even post it, but here goes, anyway.

I bought an RBFK328 and USB to UART converter (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006JKNWLE/) to make an Arduino. After setting it up and confirming that it works with the LED light, I try to upload the example blink program. However, each time I try, I get an error:
Code: [Select]
         Using Port                    : \\.\COM4
         Using Programmer              : arduino
         Overriding Baud Rate          : 57600
avrdude: Send: 0 [30]   [20]
avrdude: Recv: 0 [30]
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x30

avrdude done.  Thank you.

I have confirmed the port and wires, and I am using the drivers supplied by the manufacturer. I've tried everything recommended, and nothing seems to help. How can I fix this?

Thanks in advance.

CrossRoads

That chip may have an older bootloader on it.
You may have to select a different Board type (Tools:Board) to have the IDE (you have which version?) and the chip communicating at the same speed.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

ARR8

I have 1.0.1, and the RBFK website says to use the Duemilanove with ATmega 328 as the board type.

Go Up