Go Down

Topic: 12 band color organ RGB-LED HELP! (Read 3904 times) previous topic - next topic

I am a sculptor and I am new to Arduino.  I found this video http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5r9btOSS_o.
I want to do this exact project and incorporate it in to a sculpture.
If anyone knows how to do this and can  provide me with instruction. 
I would really appreciate the help. 

Well, I think you start with one of these

and look at the tutorials/downloads that are available for each.
I don't follow how the lights are programmed to change with sound, not seeing the correlation there.
I do know folks here have done audio bar graph analyzers, focalist had one that showed quite a few bands on a TV, so the arduino can apparently do that  well enough.

Here's another hardware option

From the page:
"Now for the weird and strange looking math. We need to translate a value into a vertical bar to be displayed on the LCD. It's a bit tricky, but not all that difficult.

The function below maps the value to match the number of bars (i.e. how tall? if you have a 2 line LCD, you can either use 1 or 2 bars). Then it draws the bar as tall as it needs based on the value. FYI: x refers to which column you are drawing."

I would hazard a guess that you change that part to instead send commands to the RGB LED strip.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131