Go Down

Topic: Help with LS20031 GPS (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

kevcalvo

I´m trying to connect my new arduino UNO  to LS20031 GPS to get the info from the gps  and I´ve found some codes in the internet... but they didn´t work.  I followed   instructions and wired my gps exactly like this http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/176... could someone help me to find the appropiate code?  =(

CrossRoads

Did you try the code that's on the tutorial page that you provided a link for?
It starts about 1/2 way down the page.
There are als some good comments for changes to the code down in the comments section.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

I have tried this guide also, and not successful either.
I suspect there are some misleading with the pins, because when I connect GPS to Arduino pin 0, it's not even uploading.

I'm attaching my pin wiring and the project.

The result:

Testing TinyGPS library v. 12
by Mikal Hart

Sizeof(gpsobject) = 115

Sats HDOP Latitude Longitude Fix  Date       Time       Date Alt     Course Speed Card  Distance Course Card  Chars Sentences Checksum
          (deg)    (deg)     Age                        Age  (m)     --- from GPS ----  ---- to London  ----  RX    RX        Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** **** *******  *******   **** *******    *******    **** ******* ****** ***** ***   0        0.00   ***   0     0         0       
**** **** *******  *******   **** *******    *******    **** ******* ****** ***** ***   0        0.00   ***   0     0         0       

How to solve this?

CrossRoads

Code: [Select]
/* This sample code demonstrates the normal use of a TinyGPS object.
   It requires the use of SoftwareSerial, and assumes that you have a
   4800-baud serial GPS device hooked up on pins 3(rx) and 4(tx).
*/

TinyGPS gps;
SoftwareSerial nss(19, 18);

Okay, so you've apparently made a slight change there. That's fine.
I can't tell from the picture if you have the right pins wires going to 18 & 19, a simple test would be to swap them around.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

CrossRoads

I believe the LS20031 series ships with a default rate of 9600, not 4800.
Top of page 4 of the datasheet.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy