Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Help with LS20031 GPS  (Read 841 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

I´m trying to connect my new arduino UNO  to LS20031 GPS to get the info from the gps  and I´ve found some codes in the internet... but they didn´t work.  I followed   instructions and wired my gps exactly like this http://www.sparkfun.com/tutorials/176... could someone help me to find the appropiate code?  smiley-cry

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Did you try the code that's on the tutorial page that you provided a link for?
It starts about 1/2 way down the page.
There are als some good comments for changes to the code down in the comments section.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

View Profile

I have tried this guide also, and not successful either.
I suspect there are some misleading with the pins, because when I connect GPS to Arduino pin 0, it's not even uploading.

I'm attaching my pin wiring and the project.

The result:

Testing TinyGPS library v. 12
by Mikal Hart

Sizeof(gpsobject) = 115

Sats HDOP Latitude Longitude Fix  Date       Time       Date Alt     Course Speed Card  Distance Course Card  Chars Sentences Checksum
          (deg)    (deg)     Age                        Age  (m)     --- from GPS ----  ---- to London  ----  RX    RX        Fail
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
**** **** *******  *******   **** *******    *******    **** ******* ****** ***** ***   0        0.00   ***   0     0         0       
**** **** *******  *******   **** *******    *******    **** ******* ****** ***** ***   0        0.00   ***   0     0         0       

How to solve this?

* IMAG0051.jpg (1165.21 KB, 2592x1952 - viewed 11 times.)
* test_with_gps_device.ino (4.62 KB - downloaded 6 times.)

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Code:
/* This sample code demonstrates the normal use of a TinyGPS object.
   It requires the use of SoftwareSerial, and assumes that you have a
   4800-baud serial GPS device hooked up on pins 3(rx) and 4(tx).
*/

TinyGPS gps;
SoftwareSerial nss(19, 18);

Okay, so you've apparently made a slight change there. That's fine.
I can't tell from the picture if you have the right pins wires going to 18 & 19, a simple test would be to swap them around.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
View Profile

I believe the LS20031 series ships with a default rate of 9600, not 4800.
Top of page 4 of the datasheet.

* LS20030~3_datasheet_v1.2 GPS.pdf (309.63 KB - downloaded 4 times.)

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: