Go Down

Topic: Electrical engineering resources? (Read 482 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi all,

So my Arduino Uno R3 arrived today (purchased it for $20 from Amazon, not bad) along with the resistors, LEDs and jumper wires I need to get started. Unfortunately, the breadboard and other various components that I ordered from SparkFun are still on their way. I successfully loaded up the IDE and updated the Arduino drivers, so I'm good to go on that front as well.

My question is regarding an introduction to electrical engineering. Since I do not have any experience whatsoever with electrical engineering I thought I would start learning about it while I wait on my other materials. Do any of you have a good book, website, or reference manual of some sort that kind of goes through the basics and maybe some more advanced concepts eventually, as well? I really have no prior experience in this so any information at all would be useful. I do have familiarity with programming (not an expert at it but not totally new to it either) so a focus on the electrical rather than the programming aspect would be preferred.

Thanks!

CrossRoads

I like this site for analog stuff. Covers stuff I would look up in my text books from Sophomore year that Covered Op Amps. 
http://www.electronics-tutorials.ws/opamp/opamp_1.html

The other Sophomore year course that comes in handy for this stuff was COLD, Computer Organized Logic & Design.
Would address the relatively easy digital stuff arduino does - reading switches, driving LEDs, driving motors, interfacing with shift registers, etc.

What comes in the handiest tho is just reading the data sheets.  Don't rely on libraries - read the data sheet, understand the signals & commands needed to set up internal registers, etc.

Application notes for chips are useful too.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years.  Screw Shield for Mega/Due/Uno,  Bobuino with ATMega1284P, & other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  my website.

Thanks for the advice! I'll give some of that a read--beyond that I'll just start working on some projects and learn as I go.

Thanks again.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy