Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: GBOARD and library  (Read 1223 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi,

I bought a GBoard and downloaded library:
http://iteadstudio.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=537
http://iteadstudio.com/store/images/produce/Shield/IComSat/GSM_Shield2.zip

I am using a MAC
Arduino IDE folder :/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/
Library folder : /Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/
sample code folder : /Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/examples/GSM_Shield_Call

I am using Arduino IDE 1.0.1 and I load GSM_Shield_Call and when I click on VERIFY IDE display a long list of error Message:
In file included from GSM_Shield_Call.cpp:13:
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:10:22: error: WProgram.h: No such file or directory
In file included from /Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:11,
                 from GSM_Shield_Call.cpp:13:
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/NewSoftSerial.h:71: error: conflicting return type specified for 'virtual void NewSoftSerial::write(uint8_t)'
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/Print.h:48: error:   overriding 'virtual size_t Print::write(uint8_t)'
In file included from GSM_Shield_Call.cpp:13:
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:152: error: 'byte' does not name a type
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:161: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:163: error: 'byte' does not name a type
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:169: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:175: error: 'byte' has not been declared
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:178: error: 'byte' does not name a type
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:180: error: 'byte' does not name a type
/Users/admin/Documents/Arduino/libraries/GSM_Shield/GSM_Shield.h:182: error: 'byte' does not name a type
ETC ....

What is wrong ?

Regards

Richard

Gosport, UK
Faraday Member
View Profile

You are using a library that hasn't been updated for IDE 1.0. Point 2 here - http://arduino.cc/forum/index.php/topic,97455.0.html. Or read the release notes here - http://arduino.cc/en/Main/ReleaseNotes.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 07:00:15 am by dxw00d » Logged

View Profile

Hi all,

I am stuck at the first step:

Uploading the Blink example to my new iteadstudio gboard.

The problem is that I have no idea which Board to select from "Tools->Board->" in the Arduino IDE. 

So I keep getting the error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I am using a Foca FT232RL Tiny Breakout to connect USB to the Gboard. The Foca is running at 3.3V

Help would be HIGHLY appreciated!!!

Hec

View Profile

Try setting:

Board -> Arduino Duemilanove w/ ATmega328

Your serial port will be something like:

/dev/tty.usbserial-[something]

Can't say for certain on the serial port.  I am using an FTDI friend from AdaFruit and am able to upload and run sketches.  Haven't got the GSM figured out yet though.

If you do go the FTDI friend route, make sure to reroute the pins.  As the assignments are slightly different between the G-Board and the FTDI friend.

Hope this helps.

- Ben T. Eisemann

Hi all,

I am stuck at the first step:

Uploading the Blink example to my new iteadstudio gboard.

The problem is that I have no idea which Board to select from "Tools->Board->" in the Arduino IDE. 

So I keep getting the error:
avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00

I am using a Foca FT232RL Tiny Breakout to connect USB to the Gboard. The Foca is running at 3.3V

Help would be HIGHLY appreciated!!!

Hec

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: