Go Down

Topic: motor, arduino ESC and 11.1 V Battery (Read 4268 times) previous topic - next topic

retrolefty

@retrolefty
hi no use of u r code ... my esc keeps beeping  :(...that according to the manual is that the throttle signal is irregular:(

That is usually an indication that you are not using the correct 'arming' sequence controls to start the ESC. One I had years ago required I move the throttle control to 100% and leave it there for at least one second and then move it back to 0% and then the ESC would signal with a proper beep to let you know the ESC was active and any new speed command would be sent to the motor. Different ESCs may have different 'arming' sequences. A decent ESC should cover it's 'arming' start-up instructions in it's owner manual, but many of the cheap Asian ESCs come with no or very poor documentation.

Lefty

deepu1994

Aug 12, 2012, 08:34 am Last Edit: Aug 12, 2012, 08:40 am by deepu1994 Reason: 1
hi bro lefty::
all my traps had gone out of my way>>>>
now i m able to control my bldc motor with ease>>
her is wat i ve done
* i armed my esc first by sending the least throttle signal for 2 seconds
* the wrote microseconds to the servo name(not angle values)
* my motor responds to time interval of 1000-2000 microseconds
* here 1000ms is least throttle signal and 2000ms is the highest throttle signal
thnx for all the replies to my kind bros>>>>> :smiley-mr-green: :smiley-mr-green: :smiley-mr-green: :) :) :) :P :P :P :P

MarkT

Glad its all working now - most ESCs arm on minimum throttle setting for a few seconds, certainly the one's I've got do (all cheap from eBay - only one of them exploded!)
[ I won't respond to messages, use the forum please ]

yosler

deepu1994:
check out this link to the project I'm working on and there's a chart of the microseconds compared to the speed of the continuous servo. http://learn.parallax.com/node/207
Your motor should also look something like that chart with a 1000 - 2000 instead of 1300 - 1700
I'm 13 and I'll frequently be wordy, not writing to the point.
But don't worry, I know somethings about electronics.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy