Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Down
Author Topic: Post Your Venting (Letting Out Your Anger) Here!  (Read 2782 times)
SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

"Tell you what - since $30.00 (or even $15.00) is such "pocket change" to you, why don't you paypal me that money? After all, it ain't much, right?"

No, I have to take care of my own crap, and if it gets screwed up I have to replace it, not start crying about it on the internet a month later

As already noted, this I agree with; though the aunt should've probably placed it on a side table, or up in his room, or held onto it and given it to him directly...

if she left it on the table and the dog chewed it up would it have been any better? and what good would have handed it to him have done? it would have been right back on the counter, table or stairs anyway

since obviously its such a prized possession to not be freakin mindful of it in the first place
Well - I don't know her, but you have to admit it was a pretty bone-headed move;

not really my parents used to place crap on the top/ bottom step for me to take down /up  all the time, its a pretty common move

I guess I just look at all electronics as being worth something to handle with care, which probably comes from being a kid and having parents who bought me devices for (what I realize now) was a LOT of money - and I had to take care of them, otherwise I wasn't getting another.

and the op sees them as something to willy-nilly leave and forget wherever whenever, and is now learning that he needs to take care of the stuff he likes

Kids doing yard work - in Arizona - in the summer?

It aint only hot in Arizona, I saw a kid mowing the grass here in Tennessee last week, and it was 106 in the sun, over 80% humidity and very little air moving without a cloud in the sky

suck it up wuss smiley-wink I work in those conditions daily, it may be hotter but the humidity and little wind here is like being in a sauna
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 12:52:39 pm by Osgeld » Logged

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

How come the dog is getting off scot free in this discussion? Just saying.... smiley-wink

Lefty

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

How come the dog is getting off scot free in this discussion? Just saying....
Law of the Jungle!  If the dog can reach it, it belongs to the dog!

Left Coast, CA (USA)
Brattain Member
Measurement changes behavior
View Profile

Law of the Jungle!  If the dog can reach it, it belongs to the dog!

Maybe the dog was just feed up with all the "dog ate my homework" excuses....

Lefty

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

hehe

also I would like to point out that new thumbsticks for a 360 controller can be had for less than 5$

Global Moderator
UK
Brattain Member
I don't think you connected the grounds, Dave.
View Profile

why don't you paypal me that money?
@ cr0sh: I think begging is against the rules of this forum.

"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Netherlands
View Profile

Doesn't you aunt have liability insurance? In the Netherlands it's required to have insurance for liability.

But still, it's not very nice of her not to compensate you for your damage. Especially if you are really born in 1998 smiley-wink.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

"It burst into flames! It burst into flames, and it's falling, it's crashing! Watch it! Watch it, folks! Get out of the way! Get out of the way! Get this, Charlie! Get this, Charlie! It's fire—and it's crashing! It's crashing terrible! Oh, my, get out of the way, please! It's burning and bursting into flames, and the—and it's falling on the mooring-mast and all the folks agree that this is terrible, this is the worst of the worst catastrophes in the world. Ohhhhh! It's–it's–it's the flames, oh, four- or five-hundred feet into the sky and it ... it's a terrific crash, ladies and gentlemen. It's smoke, and it's flames now ... and the frame is crashing to the ground, not quite to the mooring-mast. Oh, the humanity and all the passengers screaming around here. I told you, I can't even talk to people whose friends are on there. Ah! It's–it's–it's–it's ... o–ohhh! I–I can't talk, ladies and gentlemen. Honest, it's just laying there, a mass of smoking wreckage. Ah! And everybody can hardly breathe and talk, and the screaming. Lady, I–I'm sorry. Honest: I–I can hardly breathe. I–I'm going to step inside, for I cannot see it. Charlie, that's terrible. Ah, ah—I can't. I, listen, folks, I–I'm gonna have to stop for a minute because I've lost my voice. This is the worst thing I've ever witnessed."
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:16:11 pm by carp » Logged

God Member
View Profile

I'm a 12 year old kid... I dont get money for anything! All my neightbors would rather pay pros than a kid! Oh, and gamestop.com (and anyone else) says theyre $50 actually... And why should I fix somethign I didnt cause?

Oh, and my cousin has an Xbox 360, so I borught my controller so we could play... Worst part is we never even got to play...

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

I'm a 12 year old kid... I dont get money for anything!
back in 1989 (when I was 10) I scrimped and saved, and rolled penneys and did extra chores and ran my arse off to come up with 175$ which was half of a Sega genesis (and a extra game), my dad made that deal cause he didnt think I could do it

Oh, and gamestop.com (and anyone else) says theyre $50 actually...

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16874103063&nm_mc=OTC-Froogle&cm_mmc=OTC-Froogle-_-Xbox+360+-+Accessories-_-Microsoft-_-74103063

newegg says 29.99

walmart says 34 with free shipping

http://www.walmart.com/ip/Microsoft-Wireless-Controller-Black-Xbox-360-Xbox-360/5751087

And why should I fix somethign I didnt cause?

so get the dog to pay for it, its really not your aunts fault for you leaving your crap laying around where it shouldnt have been

Worst part is we never even got to play...

a solitary tear runs down my face, spend the 4.99 + shipping and get some replacement thumb sticks, crap get a xbox 1 controller from a thrift store, they have the same sticks, you do know how to use a screw driver right?
« Last Edit: August 23, 2010, 06:59:48 pm by Osgeld » Logged

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

Kids that won't keep a clean path on the floor of their room from the door to their bed, so that I can go in and kiss them goodnight!

God Member
View Profile

Well, let me re-phrase that...

The analog stick has one puncture hole in it... The little dome that the analog stick comes out of is dented into the analog stick.

And they have a new version of the controller... Thats the old one... I want the one that is all blacked out...

SE USA
Faraday Member
@ssh0le
View Profile

:smiley

Melbourne, Australia
Cyborg-in-progress
View Profile

Hey @Sparks, do I get bonus nerd points for knowing exactly what you were quoting without having to look it up?

SF Bay Area (USA)
Tesla Member
Strongly opinionated, but not official!
View Profile

"I can't even talk to people whose friends are on there."
My how times have changed!  :-(

Pages: 1 [2] 3   Go Up
Jump to: