Go Down

Topic: Building a dual MCU project with two ATmega328 chips (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

hoff70

I was also thinking about trying something like this only slightly different. Say have an Atiny 85 running/doing something as part of an entire assembly/sensor/module and having a pin or 2 output to a 328. Or have a 328 pin trigger the 85 to run some type of sketch.

Does this make any sense or does anyone see any big flaws with attempting this?

CrossRoads

That would make sense if you are remoting the funtionality someplace I suppose. Put the processing at the sensor source, send the results back via RS485 interface.  Or something.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

BlueJakester

Here's a dual '328 design I ruminated on a while back but never implemented.
I have a dual '1284 done up too.
I wouldn't mind ordering a set of boards if there was some other interest.
About $4.50 a board to mail a single PCB out when they arrived.

Very nice! You can count me in for one of the dual '328 pcb's if you have them made up. I might even take two :)

PM or email if you do it.

Thanks,
Jake

CrossRoads

Okay, I'll review the design and see it it needs any tweaking based on things I've done since Idid these.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Graynomad

Say have an Atiny 85 running/doing something as part of an entire assembly/sensor/module...does anyone see any big flaws with attempting this?

No problems with that. I helped a friend design a board with a Mega256 and 4 Tiny84s. The 84s handled high-speed frequency/period measuring and they all worked as SPI slaves to the Mega.

______
Rob
Rob Gray aka the GRAYnomad www.robgray.com

Go Up