Go Down

Topic: Building a dual MCU project with two ATmega328 chips (Read 9 times) previous topic - next topic

CrossRoads

@Constantin - Check the schematic - I added internal headers so the two uC could talk to each other with user installed jumpers, while also keeping header pins free for offboard connections.

@BlueJakester - I'll order some boards once I verify the fuses & clock connections.  Maybe tonight.
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Nick Gammon

If I'm in a hurry I usually use this site:

http://www.engbedded.com/fusecalc

That gets the fuse bits right, and tells you the exact (partial) avrdude command -- the part with the fuses in it.

CrossRoads

Ok, how do I run that?
Win Vista
Opened Command Prompt,
worked my way down to
C:\Arduino1.0\hardware\tools\avr\bin>
typed in this:
avrdude -c stk500v1 -p atmega328p -P com6 -b 19200 -u -U lfuse:w:0xe0:m -U hfuse:w:0xde:m -U efuse:w:0xfd:m

Get a couple of errors back:
avrdude: can't open config file "":  Invalid argument
avrdude: error reading system wide configuration file ""
Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.

spirilis

Probably add -C ..\etc\avrdude.conf to the options list... that's what I have to do

FWIW, I have this jotted down in my text notesfile for the 1284P:

(Burning Bobuino fuses on MacOS X)
Code: [Select]
bin/avrdude -C etc/avrdude.conf -v -p m1284p -c stk500v2 -P /dev/tty.usbmodem411 -e -Ulock:w:0x0F:m -Uefuse:w:0xFD:m -Uhfuse:w:0xDE:m -Ulfuse:w:0xFF:m

CrossRoads

Are the fuses programmed via ICSP or via the Serial interface?

Go Up