Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: ATtiny85 and USB 5 V after few hours doesn't work properly  (Read 139 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hi guys, I hope to post in the correct section smiley-grin

I have a problem with ATtiny85. At the University we are making a project that needs some LED that "pulse" like an heart, powered by the USB +5V and GND, and the simplest way to do it I think is with ATtiny85. I programmed it with an Arduino UNO and it works perfect, but after few hours the "pulsing" brake and it seems like ATtiny jumps from 1 MHz to 20 MHz (very fast blinking LED)... unless the LED become only powered ON.

I don't know what's the problem, i program the ATtiny85 as a 1 MHz board on Arduino using Arduino as ISP.
I tryed even putting a 18 ohm resistor at +5V of the ATtiny and using even a NPN transistor to "separate" the power for the LED and for the ATtiny85.

Thanks a lot for the reply guys and sorry for my bad english :\

NSW Australia
Edison Member
View Profile

OK, publish the sketch you are using - the whole sketch, and put it in "code" tags (using the [ # ] icon above the submission window).  I am fairly sure you have used a wrong variable declaration or conditional for timing.

Valencia, Spain
Faraday Member
View Profile

I have a problem with ATtiny85. At the University we are making a project that needs some LED that "pulse" like an heart, powered by the USB +5V and GND, and the simplest way to do it I think is with ATtiny85. I programmed it with an Arduino UNO and it works perfect, but after few hours the "pulsing" brake and it seems like ATtiny jumps from 1 MHz to 20 MHz (very fast blinking LED)... unless the LED become only powered ON.

Sounds like a bug in your program to me.

No, I don't answer questions sent in private messages...

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: