Go Down

Topic: LCD Time and Date stop working when Ethernet code used (Read 518 times) previous topic - next topic

Hi,

I am trying to display the Time and the Date from DS1307 on a Hitachi HD44780 and in the same time to control a LED from a Web page using the Ethernet shield of arduino. I can display the Time and the Date using a simple program but when i add the Ethernet function on the program I can only control the LED through the Ethernet but I do not see anything on the LCD. I attach my program to have a look. Please any ideas will be much appreciated.

Many Thanks!

floresta

Code: [Select]
LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2);

According to http://shieldlist.org the Arduino Ethernet shield uses digital pins 10, 11, 12, and 13 so you cannot use those for your LCD. 

Also, it appears that you are implementing the R/W connection for your LCD.  Are you sure that you need to do this?

Don

Hi Don,

Thank you very much for your help. I changed "LiquidCrystal lcd(12, 11, 10, 5, 4, 3, 2);" with "LiquidCrystal lcd(8, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2);" and it worked.

Regards,
Steve

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy