Go Down

Topic: Listing of the Hydrogen's features (Read 951 times) previous topic - next topic

Headroom

You may want to specify what you mean with "commands".

As with most Arduino Shields you communicate with the shield by means of a specific library. The Hydrogen library can be found by following the links on the Diysandbox.com website but ultimately is hosted on GitHUB (IIRC).

If the functionality this library offers does not suit your application, you will have to write your own library functions. In that case you likely need to research how to communicate directly with the WiFi module used on the Hydrogen shield. As such John has already pointed you correctly to the Gainspan web site.

Many Shields communicate with the Arduino using the SPI interface/bus http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serial_Peripheral_Interface_Bus.

bekas

By commands, as I already wrote in my first post, I mean syntax like structure, values and functions (similar to http://arduino.cc/en/Reference/HomePage ).
Is there any register like this for the Hydrogen?
I won't be able to program it without any knowledge of syntax or commands.
Or are syntax and commands what you mean by library?
In my library-folder is nothing but this data:
CHANGELOG, global.h, gs.cpp, gs.h, keywords.txt, README, socket.cpp, socket.h, WifiClient.cpp, WifiClient.h, WifiServer.cpp, WifiServer.h, Wirefree.cpp, Wirefree.h, (folder examples)
I can't open any of them except from the folder and the .txt - But it's not useful.
I just need an explanation of the commands.

I've nearly no experience in arduino-programming, so I'm sorry if my questions seem to be waste to you.
And I'm sorry for my english, I'm actually German.

bekas

Hey guys,
I noticed that it was nonsense what I wrote. Sorry for that. Headroom wanted me to specify "commands". I actually mean functions.
In the examples I found functions like WifiClient client(server, "80", PROTO_TCP), Wireless.begin(&wireless_prof), client.stop(). And there are lots more than the ones I mentioned. I need an explanation for all these functions. What are they doing? Which parameters do they need?
I depend on your help.

PaulS

In the examples I found functions like WifiClient client(server, "80", PROTO_TCP),

That is creating an instance of the WiFiClient class called client. I'd guess that the first argument is the server to connect to, the second is the port, though why the port would be a string is a mystery, and the third is a parameter to define what protocol to use.

Of course, you'd really need to look at the documentation for the mysterious WiFiClient class to know for sure.

Wireless.begin(&wireless_prof), client.stop(). And there are lots more than the ones I mentioned. I need an explanation for all these functions. What are they doing? Which parameters do they need?

See final paragraph above.

bekas

Of course, you'd really need to look at the documentation for the mysterious WiFiClient class to know for sure.

But where is that documentation???

Go Up