Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Creating Hard Copies of Arduino Prototype Processor?  (Read 605 times)
New York City
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

I love Arduino and my research mates and I use it often to prototype lab equipment.  We are interested in a low-cost, permanent solution to replicate the microprocessing functionality of our Arduino once we finish prototyping.  That is, we develop a first generation implementation with the Arduino.  Then we would like to purchase a dozen ICs with our processing code embedded so that we can replicate our system.  What vendors provide this service?  What is it even called?

Many thanks,
David Bernat

If computer programmers came before linguistics, palendrome would probably be a palendrome.

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

So you have a design based around arduino connected to some parts on an adjacent perfboard or similar and now you would like to turn that into a custom PCB and make a dozen copies?
A lot of us can do that for you. You can see designs I have done at www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17
I can design the board so you can easily assemble it with thru hole components, or SMD if you have more soldering skill.
Bare boards are not expensive, and I can supply a PL for your to purchase.
Or I can build the boards for you.

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Fort Lauderdale, FL
Faraday Member
Baldengineer
View Profile

If you're only talking a small quantity like a dozen, then just program the chips yourself.

Capacitor Expert By Day, Enginerd by night.  ||  Personal Blog: www.baldengineer.com  || Electronics Tutorials for Beginners:  www.addohms.c

Smithfield, Rhode Island
God Member
View Profile

Or I can build the boards for you.

You could do a lot worse than to have Crossroads do this for you! If the quantity is high, you can buy the CPUs programmed from Digikey. This adds a small cost to each CPU, but they come all programmed and you won't need a human to hook up a programmer and upload the app.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: