Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: IR library  (Read 277 times)
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

hi,
I don't know how to work with the IR library.
I really tried every single example there and nothing seem to work:
IRsend: Don't know what I'm sending and don't have a sony TV
IRrecive: when ever I point the remote and click a button it types "0" and that's it, sometimes doesn't work at all.
IRrecord: It thinks the button is pressed all the time!!! I checked the connections, tested the button, and yet it seems to send a code I haven't even recorded over and over 3 times a second.

Can I please get a good guide? Website didn't really help me.

View Profile

every TV brand uses different signals, even within a single brand like sony the codes differ as per TV type

you need a IR led and a IR recieving ldr (or whatever it is named) a IR recording device to find out what your remote is sending
once figured out you might be able to reproduce it.. i wonder dough if these IR devices use a high frequency or a low speed morse effect  (morse as like s... o - - -  s...       ...  - - - ...
decoding a frequency might be complex

Dallas, Texas
God Member
Old, decrepit curmugeon
View Profile

What parts, specifically what IR receiving module, are you using?  What remotes are you testing it with?  If your getting 0 all the time, either you are not using the correct module for the remote, or you haven't wired it right. 

New true random number library available at: http://code.google.com/p/avr-hardware-random-number-generation/

Current version 1.0.1

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: