Go Down

Topic: Dynamixel Servo Library (Read 21565 times) previous topic - next topic

beepboop

Hi Flex

Here's a project that seems to have a library for the MX-28

http://code.google.com/p/slide-33/downloads/list

See the file list for: Dynamixel_Serial - V2.0.zip

Does this work for Arduino Uno? Does it work even though I don't have a Driver board?

druckgott

Hallo, as I told I work with the Arduino Uno and the controller Board.

Now I want to Read out the Position:
Position = Dynamixel.readPosition(SERVO_ID);

But this do not work.

And what I also get not working a Serial Output over the serial monitor.

I always geht Chars from the Servo comands I think and between this I get some Serial Informations.

But if I use Serial Print the Servo do not move anymore:

Code: [Select]

#include <Dynamixel_Serial.h>       // Library needed to control Dynamixal servo

int Temperature,Voltage,Position; 

#define SERVO_ID 0x01               // ID of which we will set Dynamixel too
#define SERVO_ControlPin 0x10       // Control pin of buffer chip, NOTE: this does not matter becasue we are not using a half to full contorl buffer.
#define SERVO_SET_Baudrate 57600    // Baud rate speed which the Dynamixel will be set too (57600)
#define LED13 0x0D                  // Pin of Visual indication for runing "heart beat" using onboard LED
#define TX_DEALY 2000               // in uSec
#define CW_LIMIT_ANGLE 0x001        // lowest clockwise angle is 1, as when set to 0 it set servo to wheel mode
#define CCW_LIMIT_ANGLE 0xFFF  // Highest anit-clockwise angle is 0XFFF, as when set to 0 it set servo to wheel mode

void setup(){

delay(1000);                                                           // Give time for Dynamixel to start on power-up

/*Dynamixel.setTempLimit(1,80); // Set Max Temperature to 80 Celcius
Dynamixel.setVoltageLimit(1,65,160); // Set Operating Voltage from 6.5v to 16v
Dynamixel.setMaxTorque(1,1023); // 50% of Torque
Dynamixel.setSRL(1,2); // Set the SRL to Return All
Dynamixel.setTempLimit(2,80); // Set Max Temperature to 80 Celcius
Dynamixel.setVoltageLimit(2,65,160); // Set Operating Voltage from 6.5v to 16v
Dynamixel.setMaxTorque(2,1023); // 50% of Torque
Dynamixel.setSRL(2,2); // Set the SRL to Return All
*/
Dynamixel.begin(SERVO_SET_Baudrate, SERVO_ControlPin, TX_DEALY);        // We now need to set Ardiuno to the new Baudrate speed
Dynamixel.setMode(SERVO_ID, SERVO, CW_LIMIT_ANGLE, CCW_LIMIT_ANGLE);    // set mode to SERVO and set angle limits

Serial.begin(9600); // Serial speed for PC
mySerial.println("Finish Servo");
//Dynamixel.setPID(Servo_ID, P_Gain, I_Gain, D_Gain)
}

void loop(){

Temperature = Dynamixel.readTemperature(SERVO_ID); // Request and Print the Temperature
Serial.print("AX2 *** Temperature: "); // Print the variables in the Serial Monitor
Serial.println(Temperature);
Position = Dynamixel.readPosition(SERVO_ID); // Request and Print the Posit
Serial.println(Position);

Dynamixel.ledState(SERVO_ID, OFF);

Dynamixel.servo(SERVO_ID,0,0x100);   // Move servo to angle 1(0.088 degree) at speed 100

delay(1000);

Dynamixel.ledState(SERVO_ID, ON);

Dynamixel.servo(SERVO_ID,4000,0x3FF);  //  Move servo to max angle at max spe
  delay(1000);

}

thx
druckgott

druckgott

druckgott

The best library for the Dynamixel is http://savageelectronics.blogspot.it/2011/01/arduino-y-dynamixel-ax-12.html.
It works very very well.

Hi I have now connectet it like in this blog, but do not work for me:
http://postimage.org/image/mgryg3i6t/

can anybody help me?

thx
druckgott

pabloxid

Hi people.

All you have to do to use the MX-28T is to download this:

http://www.pablogindel.com/images/ax12v231.rar

Regards,
P.G.

JF107

Hello,

I downloaded the files (ax12v231.rar) and put it in the library folder and I also modified the HardwareSerial.ccp but i get the message while compiling:

core.a(HardwareSerial.cpp.o): In function `__vector_18':
/Applications/Arduino.app/Contents/Resources/Java/hardware/arduino/cores/arduino/HardwareSerial.cpp:100: multiple definition of `__vector_18'
ax12v231/ax12.cpp.o:/Users/.../Documents/Arduino/libraries/ax12v231/ax12.cpp:108: first defined here

Any idea what I did wrong ?

thanks

Joop

pabloxid

The example that comes with the library, is for the Mega or Mega2560. If your board has a single serial port, comment out all lines that have the word "Serial".

JF107

Thanks for your fast reply! Now the compiling worked, but my MX28 isnĀ“t moving. Only a red light is flashing once while
connecting. I might have bricked it before due to wrong wiring, but i will order an usb 2 ttl adapter for testing the servo...

pabloxid

90% of the problems I've seen with Dynamixel are due to the power supply. I use a 12V / 4A power supply, which is, in fact, that comes with the Bioloid kit.

ephesus

Hi guys, I'm using a servo dynamixel MX-64T and I'm having a problem in feedback position command or reading position and temperature.So far its not working because I'm getting weird answers.I'm using the library  Dynamixel_Serial - V2.0. I have connected using a Pololu Orangutan B-328 robot controller with connection to TX and RX.Im wondering whether its a software or hardware related issue and how to get proper feedback answers.Do need your help guys,thanks.

ChrisBindi

Hi,

I tried to open the homepage of Pablo Gindel  but there was an error and nothing happend. www.pablogindel.com/

Can u check if it works, because i need the library of this guy.

Thank u very much for your help.

cesare76m

i'm using an ax12 dynamixel servomotor with Arduino uno

Hi, excuse me for intrusion, i should have feedback about current, so to define a stop for the motor like switch of end tracking. Excuse for my english..

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy