Go Down

Topic: lcd menu save to eeprom (Read 878 times) previous topic - next topic

a.mlw.walker

Hi,
So I have a large menu with a lot of options, it currently works nicely. What I want to do however is store the user's "favourites" in eeprom and the have a menu option that displays the entries from the eeprom if any are stored. My question is, I dont want to just display the favourites as "001, 002, 003..." on the menu I want to display the same menu string - i.e "item 1" or whatever the string when it is displayed through the menu is. In other words I need to save the settings to the eeprom and relate those settings to a string so the user knows what they are choosing from the menu.
I am thinking about a struct after reading about them - but not completely sure. Can I use this to relate a String to an integer value, so I display the string but when it is chosen the integer value is what is used?
In Java, i know you can "map" a string to a value, but map is obviously used for something else in Arduino land...

PaulS

The "favorites" text obviously comes from your existing menu. The "favorites" item, then, would be a series of values that got them to their "favorite", wouldn't it?

By using that same set of values, you could present the same menu(s) in the same order, right?

So, I guess I'm failing to understand the difficulty you are seeing.

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy