Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Using ATmega328P-AU chip, 32 pin with Arduino Uno or which board?  (Read 1055 times)
Aptos, California
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Hello,

After looking at the analog hardware requirements of the ATmega328P-AU chip, 32 pins and 2 extra analog inputs, Which board would I select to up load my sketch so I may take advantage of these two analog pins. The analogRead() function says it will read 8 analog inputs with the Nano and the Mine boards. I have built up a pcb and its is similar to the Mini board. I have been selecting the Uno board up to this time to up load but I haven't been using the extra 2 inputs. I suppose I could just try loading in software but I am at a stage in my design where I am laying out a PCB and don't have the hardware available to program at this time. I believe that it will work but I am looking for a little feedback or assurance that I am correct. Any feedback would be appreciated.

StanK

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

Nano.
Promini does not bring the extra pins out.
Or go with a bigger chip, like a '1284 - more IO , more memory, about $2 more  a chip.
Here's a board I just put together.
Design details here
http://www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17

* card1.jpg (344.46 KB, 931x914 - viewed 34 times.)

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Aptos, California
View Profile

Hello CrossRoads,

Thanks for the reply. You sure are busy. Lots of nice looking PCB's. I'll try it with the Nano board loader. For my current project which is my first with the ATmega328, it has just enough pins. My next project I was thinking of using the Mega 2560. Lots of I/O but maybe I could use the 44 pin version. I might be just enough. I don't have any pix of my board otherwise I would post it. I have it in a real nice enclosure which holds a 2 x 16 lcd display perfectly.

Thank again,

StanK

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: