Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: Using non-standard ADC ports  (Read 437 times)
Arduino rocks
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

Dear forum,

I have put together a custom arduino-based board, and am trying to use a non-standard analog input so as not to conflict with the shield pins.

Using the leonardo base, I have connected an analog voltage to pin PF7, which is not normally connected to the shield pins. However, this is a valid ADC pin -- ADC7 (on the core Atmel, AI7 is connected to ADC9 on the shield pinout).

Does anyone know if there is a straightforward way to tell the Arduino to use this pin as an analog input, or do I have to go in and do it manually using the GCC core libraries? It would be super convenient if I could modify a file somewhere to tell it that ADC7/PF7 is attached to, I don't know, AI12 or some other unused analog input virtual port to take advantage of the simplicity of the AnalogRead(analogpin) functionality.

Best,
Brian

Global Moderator
Boston area, metrowest
Brattain Member
Author of "Arduino for Teens". Available for Design & Build services. Now with Unlimited Eagle board sizes!
View Profile

I don't understand the question.
PF7 is shown on the schematic as A0.  Why is any mod needed?
http://arduino.cc/en/uploads/Main/arduino-leonardo-schematic_3b.pdf

Designing & building electrical circuits for over 25 years. Check out the ATMega1284P based Bobuino and other '328P & '1284P creations & offerings at  www.crossroadsfencing.com/BobuinoRev17.
Arduino for Teens available at Amazon.com.

Arduino rocks
View Profile

Odd. You're right. Apparently I was thinking further ahead than I thought when I made the system, and my schematic is just mislabeled.

Thanks! AI0 it is.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: