Go Down

Topic: GUI for small screen (Read 350 times) previous topic - next topic

newestbie

Dec 20, 2014, 05:58 am Last Edit: Dec 20, 2014, 05:58 am by newestbie
Hello guys,  Im hoping some1 soon make some GUI changes  on arduino software and recompile  it. I assume it shouldn't be so hard, but I have no ability and knowledge to do it

Arduino ADK runs perfectly on windows8 base devices, I have 7" tablet with full size usb port on it , i can load sketches and serial monitor arduino.
Problem is Arduino software GUI designed for big screen and mouse, impossible to tap right spot on small screen.

Hoping some people start project to prepare more tablet friendly GUI, bigger buttons etc. Or even better if its possible to re write it as windows app , but currently runs perfectly, only problem graphical interface .

PaulS

Or even better if its possible to re write it as windows app
That isn't going to happen. There ARE other operating systems that the IDE works on. Continuing to support them is far more important than supporting tiny screen sizes.

AWOL

Problem is Arduino software GUI designed for big screen and mouse, impossible to tap right spot on small screen
Doesn't Windows allow you to zoom the screen with a pinch gesture?
"Pete, it's a fool looks for logic in the chambers of the human heart." Ulysses Everett McGill.
Do not send technical questions via personal messaging - they will be ignored.

Go Up