Pages: [1]   Go Down
Author Topic: attiny 85 ping sensor  (Read 743 times)
NH USA
NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO BUILD
View Profile
 Bigger Bigger  Smaller Smaller  Reset Reset

im trying to setup a  attiny 85 as a standalone chip to handle data from a sr04 ping sensor  to respond to my at mega to control leds
cupple of questions  first does the attiny 85 support  the serial monitor and i believe i ran in to a problem with the amount of pwm pins required  there's 2 on the attiny 85 and the trigger and echo pins both need pwm to my understanding  so the chip will run the sensor but i cant do any thing with the data that come back is that really  where im at on this ?

EZ8MMPRO

Global Moderator
Dallas
Shannon Member
View Profile

first does the attiny 85 support  the serial monitor

First bullet...
http://www.arduino.cc/cgi-bin/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1285218245/25#25

and i believe i ran in to a problem with the amount of pwm pins required  there's 2 on the attiny 85

Three.

NH USA
NEVER ENOUGH TIME TO BUILD
View Profile

thank you for pointing me in the right direction ! all figured out trouble ive ran in to is the amount of interference with running more then 2 ping sensors i think they are picking up on eachother because  there is alot of random activity if i use only 2 it works fine but i only get 2 of the 3 colors at that point ....any input on that ? im working on trying cupple things   like pace them out to check for echo at different times but it seems to only help with a ping time of more then 2seconds so my leds change vary slowly and not fluent   the other thing im going to try when in get some more wire  it space them  out more

EZ8MMPRO

View Profile

i think they are picking up on eachother because  there is alot of random activity if i use only 2 it works fine but i only get 2 of the 3 colors at that point ....

If they're ultrasonic ping sensors, you need to wait 70ms or so for the previous ping to fade away before firing out another ping.

Pages: [1]   Go Up
Jump to: