Go Down

Topic: expansion i/o board (Read 1 time) previous topic - next topic

collyd21

hi im looking for an expansion board which will give me more than the original 13 pins i have on my Uno, anyone suggest one?

MichaelMeissner

Jul 30, 2012, 11:30 pm Last Edit: Jul 30, 2012, 11:32 pm by MichaelMeissner Reason: 1

hi im looking for an expansion board which will give me more than the original 13 pins i have on my Uno, anyone suggest one?

If you just need up to 6 more outputs, and have free analog input pins, you could use A0-A5 as outputs.  Note, on boards with more than 6 analog input pins, I think you can't use the higher pins for outputs, but I'm not sure.

Rather than getting an expansion shield, you could upgrade your UNO to a Mega where you have 54 output pins (15 of which can be PWM), and 16 analog input pins.

For simple output, I did see this shield in searching the web: http://nootropicdesign.com/ez-expander/.

Another way to expand is to switch to using SPI or I2C which are serial buses for hooking up more pins.

collyd21

thanks for the link and suggestions :)

Go Up

Please enter a valid email to subscribe

Confirm your email address

We need to confirm your email address.
To complete the subscription, please click the link in the email we just sent you.

Thank you for subscribing!

Arduino
via Egeo 16
Torino, 10131
Italy