Go Down

Topic: Functiodomo - New open and wireless home automation system based in Arduino (Read 10088 times) previous topic - next topic

Ah, Ok, I rescale my images before putting them on-line with photobucket or for forum images I use http://imgur.com/ as you can drag your images onto it and it gives you the correct bb code link to paste into the forum.

Thanks Lakes. As we supposed, I will have to upload the images with the right size to the web and then I would have to link them from the forum.

I will use the account that I have in Flickr to do it.

Next images will be the first ones that I will do it (in a few days I will publish the final boards with its connections and features).
José Antonio Castillo Rodríguez
Responsable de diseño de producto
Functio & Ars S.L.
www.functionars.com

Ah, Ok, I rescale my images before putting them on-line with photobucket or for forum images I use http://imgur.com/ as you can drag your images onto it and it gives you the correct bb code link to paste into the forum.

Thanks Lakes. As we supposed, I will have to upload the images with the right size to the web and then I would have to link them from the forum.

I will use the account that I have in Flickr to do it.

Next images will be the first ones that I will do it (in a few days I will publish the final boards with its connections and features).

I found the way to show images with an adapted size. I scaled and upload them once to the functiodomo blog and I linked the new resized images.

Now you can see them here with a low resolution, but they stay with full resolution in our blog.
Functio & Ars S.L.
www.functionars.com

BlueBill

How do you use the screw terminals when the boards are daisy chained together? (Seems to be no room for the wires)
Bill

How do you use the screw terminals when the boards are daisy chained together? (Seems to be no room for the wires)

Hello BlueBill. The reason because I put screw terminals is because I did not find other cheap terminal model to comunicate the 220VAC lines between the control and power boards.

Anyway, there is not problem to connect both boards, as I put the wire screwed in one of the boards and it works as a connector when I insert the other board.

I can tell you that this next week I will publish at this forum the pictures of the final production boards with some little modifications and new features.
Functio & Ars S.L.
www.functionars.com

Lastest images of the functiodomo PCBs and boxes:

Here I attach the lastest pictures of how is the components of the functiodomo system:

Image of an opened box of a functiodomo system to control 3 independent equipments.

The same part but with the box closed.

Soon I will be able to publish more news about this project.
Functio & Ars S.L.
www.functionars.com

Hello everybody:

At last I finished all the checking about the new PCBs for the functiodomo home automation system. This week I will publish all their features at this thread and I will answer all the questions about them.

I can tell that each control PCB can control from 1 to 3 220 VAC (under 16 A) equipments and read up to 6 sensors and they are full compatible with the Arduino platform. Anyway if you want to use them for another kind of projects, you can do it as they are really and Arduino duemilanove board with an integrated tranformer and a communication module. Today or tomorrow I will publish the map of the ports at the board.

About the power PCBs the are designed for an easier installation. I have designed box cases so you do not need any kind of work at home to install them, but they can be integrated at internal standard boxes with the following measures: (100x130 mm to control 1 equipment, 100x230 mm to control 3 equipments.)

I am going to offer them through my web http://www.functiodomo.comfrom next week. I will make some changes on it and I will show tree sections: home automation systems, spare modules and development corner where I will offer the boards and the documentation to work with them.
Functio & Ars S.L.
www.functionars.com

BlueBill

How much are you planning to sell the modules for? Are they electrically certified? Do you have manuals or schematics available?
Bill

How much are you planning to sell the modules for? Are they electrically certified? Do you have manuals or schematics available?

Hello BlueBill:

I plan to start to sell the modules this week. I am working about the e-shop and as soon as I will have it ok, I will upload it.

About if they are certified, now they are passing the controls about the european electronic certifications. I do not hope any problem about it and I hope I will have the certifications along this week too. I have been checking them for a long time (1 year about the right scheme and since July with the production units), so I know that they work ok.

And about the manuals, I will publish them with the uploading of the e-shop. I am changing the functiodomo web to add clearer sections with development corner and e-shop.

Thanks for your interest.
Functio & Ars S.L.
www.functionars.com

Hello everybody. After a long time without posting anything, I am able to come back and to announce that we have opened a online store with with the components of the functiodomo home automation system. The web is:
http://www.functiodomo.com/eshop

We have been for last months testing our PCBs, changing the server host and working about the online store. It is a shame but by the moment, all the store is in spanish. We will try to add as soon as possible the English language to the site.

Now, we are going to publish the technical documentation of our functiodomo boards (the control PCB board, that it is fully compatible with Arduino Duemilanove, and the power board). We are going to publish the different posibilities to connect the equipments to work as a switch, as a conmutator or as an alarm. We will publish the Arduino code to obtain that functions (it can be applied to the official Arduino PCBs too).

The main advantage of the functiodomo control PCB (we call it ACduino) is that it is prepared to be connected to the 220VaC directly and it contains incorporated the module for the Xbee chip communicator. Also, you can reload a new program to the board without disconnecting any component of the board.

If anybody is interested about it, you can contact us through this thread at this forum or through the contact form of our site. We will try to give the answer to your questions.

Anyway, we will continue publishing new posts in this thread with the new advances in our home automation system.
Functio & Ars S.L.
www.functionars.com

Go Up